Thursday, May 26, 2011

Autumn Leaves






















By now you will know that I LOVE autumn. I love the cool weather and cold nights. In particular however, I love the autumn leaves. Yesterday, when taking Clancy the wonder dog for his walk (on a different route than usual) I noticed the most fabulous tree in a nearby home. Of course I had to race home to get the small camera to photograph it. As the weather was overcast so you don't get the full impact but it is the most lovely tree. Sadly, the Persimmon thief struck again the day before yesterday and now, with the exception of about 4 fruits my Persimmon tree is bare - of course it still looks fantastic because it has gnarly branches, I like the sort of tortured look it has but I am sad to have lost the fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice tree, but I can't stop thinking about all those leaves needing to be swept up when they fall to the ground. Am I a spoil sport?

    ReplyDelete